Monday, November 3, 2008

Baby Stephanie


I thought I'd share my newborn picture since I previously posted Justin's. Mom actually saved and gave me that outfit; I plan on putting Willow in it for a photo, then framing the dress with our baby pictures side by side. That would be pretty sweet, I think ;-)

So, I thought Sunday might have been "the day" or at least the day before "the day", but alas, it's passed and no baby. I was having pretty frequent contractions that were getting increasingly stronger (not painful, just very noticeable). I went for several walks, which brought them on even more, and snuck in few naps between bursts of cleaning and organizing everything. It was funny how, even though we've know the day is inevitably getting closer and closer and most definitely going to happen, having the feeling that this may be it or at least we're getting REALLY close, kind of sent us both into high speed mode. I don't think Justin's ever written a paper or studied so quickly :-) My dear friend Abby is betting on Election Day as the big day, and I'd so hate to disappoint her...so maybe, just maybe I can coax Willow into coming tomorrow. 

I think I'd better try to come up with some things to get me out of the house, or else I'll go stir crazy just waiting.  I figure a sure fire way to get things started is to go to a large, crowded store. Surely my water will break there, in front of everyone, in the middle of the clearance aisle or tableware section. IKEA anyone??

3 comments:

Katie said...

haha! Yea most definitely babies love to come when it is absolutely inconvenient for their parents! I am praying for you and thinking about you everyday now - it is odd how consumed I am with your baby...I am so nervous and excited, I could cry. Please let me know asap when the big day arrives! Love you!

Pete and Kassie Morton said...

She's coming in her sweet time, isn't she?! I love you Steph and am soooo excited for you and Justin. It's just now becoming so real for me... she's actually going to make her grand entrance!
K

Unknown said...

Come on Willow! She'll be here soon one way or the other! I can't wait to meet her!
Beck