Thursday, October 2, 2008






Okay, I'm going to post a bunch of random pictures from over the past week or so, and then I'll actually write something! 
#1. Justin making a one-of-a-kind onesie for Willow at our baby shower.
#2. Opening a gift someone had mailed to the shower from far away. So special.
#3. Some of the folks at our co-ed shower thrown by John and Mena. Everyone made personalized onesies for Willow.... a very cool idea. She's got a HUGE variety to last through babyhood!
#4. Little pink laundry! I've started washing and putting away clothes....it's so strange to see them in my house!
#5. I made a supply of cloth baby wipes to go with my cloth diapering adventure. Choosing the fabric was the hard part; so many precious patterns. I should have a supply to last through diapering years, all for less than $6!

So those are just a few of the things we've been doing this past week, mixed in with several nights of insomnia and Wonder Years marathons. It's been great to be off from work and I've been able to get a lot of "piddling" accomplished (is piddling an accomplishment?) while balancing resting and nesting. Since I've had this stretch of sleepless nights, I've been so grateful not to have to go to work and be responsible for someone's well-being!  I've paid close attention to my body and often after a morning of being busy, I have pretty bad headaches, eye pressure, and my brain goes to mush and I'm just pooped. To have the freedom to say "I'm done" and go put my feet up is great.
It's been VERY hot here the past week, and looking at the forecast we should have a break and FALL might be coming to town! I'm so excited and ready to embrace it...I'll probably celebrate with a pumpkin by my door and walnut, chocolate chip pumpkin muffins. They are SO yummy and make the house smell delicious. And I only gained 1 lb between my last two Dr. appointments, so I feel entitled! 

2 comments:

Katie said...

adorable steph - love the photos of the shower - I only wish I could have come...boohoo. please post more photos - i love them. I want to see and hear EVERYTHING...nursery, homemade wipies, swollen ankles - let me be there with you through this blog!!! love you bunches - k

Unknown said...

Only one pound, good job! I think I slowed down to a one pound weight gain my last week, hmmm. Anyhow, it sounds like fun. Enjoy the preparation and quiet time while it lasts. Not much longer and you'll have a whole other person in your life, amazing.
Beck