Saturday, August 2, 2008

It's happening!
















It's hard to believe we actually have a "baby room" now, official with a crib in the corner! We were so fortunate to get this crib from a perfect stranger at our church. It's pretty much just what I had pictured in my mind.....something really basic and simple, with the added bonus of a large pull out drawer underneath. It was missing most of the screws, so we headed to Home Depot, lugging part of a baby crib around the store poking screws in the holes until we found the perfect match. We have a practically new crib, including the mattress and organic wool cover for a measly $6 worth of screws and bolts! 
Now I've heard tales of newbie Dads struggling, nay... painfully laboring to put a crib together WITH the aide of instructions; I must say that I am very impressed with my husband whipping that crib into shape in record time with a hand full of mismatched screws and no visual aides.....well, except for my pointing and sweet, helpful suggestions.
My next step is painting a family tree on the big blank wall that's just screaming for embellishment. Stay tuned for that attempt :-) 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We are very happy for you and Justin! We are thankful you kept us in the loop. November is a great month for two reasons, its fall (love the colors), and my anniversary! Thanks for sharing. Love,
Matt and Daniela Waddell

Pat said...

Good job Justin, it looks great. But, that is just the beginning, keep that screwdriver handy for Christmas Eves and tricycles, bikes, play kitchens and the like over the years to come. Great fun!

Mom/Pat

clare adams said...

yippee!!! i am SOO excited you have a blog! you look beautiful and radiant!!! pregnancy likes you =) i have a breast pump i only used 2x..it is an electric thing...i used a manual a lot with jack but second time around i just didnt' need it like i thought i would...do you need one? i'd love to send it..let me know much love
clare