Thursday, August 7, 2008



So, I  said I was going to attempt to paint a tree on the big blank wall in Willow's room, for the purpose of "hanging" pictures off the branches like a family tree. This was my creative, super crafty friend Katie's idea. One small problem is that, while I may be creative in my own right, I am not terribly efficient or effective at carrying out crafty projects. And basically I strongly dislike painting, even very small areas that would take most people 1-2 hours to accomplish. That and the fact that I am also terribly spatially challenged. While I have a fabulous image of the said tree in my head and was even able to translate it onto paper (although somewhat wonky), getting it onto the wall in a non-disfigured fashion is another story. SO, I had already bought these fabulous wall art stickers from Ikea that I was planning on using in her room. I've been slapping them up today and think that they just might suffice, releasing me from the daunting task of painting a stick figure tree on the wall. One problemo....my walls are textured and silly stickers stick best to flat, so there's a little peelage going on around the edges, but I am sure I can remedy that with some type of crafty purchase. That or cry and forget about my nursery tree fantasy. No worries, I'll keep you posted on the final outcome.

8 comments:

Katie said...

Your sticker problem sounds like something that would happen to me! AWW - the pain of decorating!!!

kassie said...

I really like the branch results! Peelage smeelage.

It looks great.
Kassie

USANDCO said...

Love it; wispy, green, pretty, whimsical. it works, really works.

MOM

USANDCO said...

I think it's treemendous!!

What would you expect me to say?

Luv,
Dad

USANDCO said...

I like it. Until I read your blog I assumed it was painted on, very pretty. I want a little girls room to decorate, got the girl need the room.
Beck

USANDCO said...

I would like to request another Willow and family update! I just can't wait.
Kassie

Lee said...

Okay, I'm a little slow with some of this technology. I just figured out how to find the place to post a comment... I've shared this site with many friends and co-workers. Everyone is so jealous and impressed. I love reading everything - especially seeing the pictures (since I'm such a visual person). I love them all. The family tree is a fabulous idea. Thanks for keeping us posted. Willow - Lola, Lolo and your Atis are eager to welcome you with hugs and kisses.
Love to Stephanie and Justin,
Lola (Lee)

clare adams said...

hey there stephanie! i have a box of goodies to send to you...but can't find your address (again) =) and i just read on your fav books peace like a river...that book made me weep!!! and i like the movie rebecca by daphne ....have you read it? anywho...so fun looking at your blog...you look so healthy and happy! not long now!
much love
clare